Login
Topic: Test Environments – Mobile Devices |

Forum Forums Estimation Concepts Test Environments – Mobile Devices

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Lori Barker Lori Barker 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Jordan Barkley
    Participant

When configuring the different test environments, how far back will you go for phone compatibility? For example, if you have an ios application, are you making it compatible with an iphone 3?

Alex Bricon
    Alex Bricon
    Participant

I tend to go back about 3 years and any phones that came out before then I will not add in.

Aaron Rose
    Aaron Rose
    Participant

I would make it compatible with an iphone 4, nothing before that. I would also consider if you are going to make the application compatible with an iPad as well.

John Stutzo
    John Stutzo
    Participant

IOS devices are a little easier to determine than other providers. There are so many devices out there by Samsung, Sony, LG, Motorola that its tough to determine all phones that your consumer may have. Best bet would be to test the two most popular devices from each provider.

Madeline Lovitz
    Madeline Lovitz
    Participant

Unlike desktop computers, the physical user interfaces of mobile devices vary tremendously. They vary by screen resolutions, screen sizes, and button placements. They also vary by Operating System and versions. You could buy either a representative sample of devices of you could use a simulator.

Lori Barker
    Lori Barker
    Participant

another idea is crowdsourcing for beta testing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.