Login
Topic: What is a use case |

Forum Forums Use Cases What is a use case

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jennifer Arthurs Jennifer Arthurs 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Arthurs
    Participant

I am not that familiar with what a use case is. Would it be the same as a task I would send to the team?

Blake Rutgers
    Blake Rutgers
    Participant

A use case is the same as a user action. It defines the interaction between a role and a system to achieve a goal. There is an input and an output and a process to get from the input to the output.

Blake Rutgers
    Blake Rutgers
    Participant

Use cases are also multi-level so that one use case can use the functionality of another one. When building your use cases though, be sure to focus on the users and their goals and to create them in a way that your stakeholders will understand. Do not make them overly complex.

Jennifer Arthurs
    Jennifer Arthurs
    Participant

How will I know if I wrote the use case correctly?

Blake Rutgers
    Blake Rutgers
    Participant

The system guides you in writing a proper use case. You will need to write the name of the use case and select the implementation type. You will indicate the users who are involved with the use case, the preconditions (input screens), postconditions (output screens), your validations and necessary implementation options which will populate from the implementation type that you use. Its very easy to use and get the hang out once you start adding a few of them.

Jennifer Arthurs
    Jennifer Arthurs
    Participant

OK thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.